ISO 17025 is an international standard for testing laboratories created to ensure laboratories are producing precise and accurate test data.
To be accredited, a third-party evaluates the lab against the ISO 17025 standard looking at areas such as:
- Traceability of measurements and calibrations to national standards
- Technical competence of staff
- Maintenance of test equipment
- Quality assurance of test and calibration data
- Validity and appropriateness of test methods
- Appropriate handling and transportation of test items
- Quality of testing environment and sampling
Laboratories are regularly re-assessed and must participate in proficiency testing to maintain their accreditation status.
How does this benefit you as the customer?
ISO 17025 accreditation ensures that you are choosing a technically competent lab that has a sound quality system in place, so that the analytical data you receive is accurate and precise, everytime.
LWL is dedicated to providing professional and exceptional service, and is dedicated to upholding the highest standards in quality of lab services, lab analysis, and customer service.
Laboratory Objectives are set by the management, on a yearly basis, and are based on the Quality Policy. The lab is committed to good professional practice, and to the quality of its testing in servicing its customers. This commitment is as follows: assurance of consistent and accurate results, client satisfaction, timely results, professional service, increased quality and efficiency and laboratory staff proficiency.
Our Quality Policy:
- Provide high quality test results and exceptional professional service to our clients
- Utilizes concepts based on ISO 17025 and ISO 9001.
- All analysis and tests are performed in accordance of approved lab methods and policies in conjunction with the client’s requirements.
- Any possible deviations or concerns that may compromise the integrity of the test results are clearly and immediately communicated to the client.
- The effectiveness of the quality systems are continually improved upon by review of the management and support staff on a yearly basis.
- Our Standards of Service:
- Analysis Results meet client’s quality and accuracy standards.
- Turn-over-time commitments are achieved.
- Clients are satisfied with services tendered.
- Maintain a Quality Control Program:
- A Quality Control Program is in place to monitor the quality of lab services and lab analysis.
- Internal Quality Control samples, which include blanks, known standard references, and internal controls, are analyzed and evaluated with every sample batch.
- Lab Instrumentation is calibrated as needed, and re-calibrated upon any unacceptable deviation of known standard references.
- Quality Control Standards are checked on individual instrumentation, and again during electronic sample validation.
- Participation in external quality control programs further validate instrumentation. These programs include:
- Collaborative Testing Services (CTS)
- Inter Laboratory Testing
- Laboratory staff are familiar with the Quality Policy and are able to independently implement all procedures and practices in the Quality Manual.
- Lab staff are provided with the knowledge, training, and tools necessary to perform laboratory services and analysis.