Muse is an H2S-preventing red wine strain recommended for the production of quality red wines with high color and good structure. Muse provides impressive flavor and aroma in red varietals and is an excellent choice for full bodied wines such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah.
Renaissance Yeast’s strains have excellent fermentation kinetics, desirable sensory characteristics, and are produced to the highest quality standards. Renaissance Yeast is the exclusive developer of a novel, patented H2S-preventing technology that is the result of a natural trait in yeast that increases sulfur and nitrogen utilization efficiency during fermentation, thereby preventing hydrogen sulfide formation.
- Recommended for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Zinfandel and Petit Verdot
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Fermentation temperature limits 65 to 77 ͦF
- Alcohol tolerance 16% v/v
- Medium to high nitrogen requirements
- Yeast does not produce hydrogen sulfide
- Moderate fermentation tempo
- Low production of SO2
- Classically bred, Non-GMO
- For use in wine and cider