Viniflora® Prelude™ is a pure strain of Torulaspora delbrueckii to be used in combination with your Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain of choice. This non-Saccharomyces yeast strain has been carefully selected to mimic successful wild ferments, increase aromatic complexity, enhance fresh fruit forward wines, and develop a round mouthfeel. For wines fermented or aged in oak, Prelude™ bridges the gap between yeast derived compounds and oak flavors. This specialty yeast is not intended to achieve complete alcoholic fermentation but to enhance wine complexity. It has to be followed by a Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast of choice to achieve a safe and fast alcoholic fermentation.
- Recommended for Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Pinot Noir
- Increases wine viscosity and fullness
- Heavy producer of mannoproteins/polysaccharides
- Controlled inoculum helps minimize volatile acidity production
- Alcohol tolerance is up to 9% (v/v)