Please scroll down to view the available product options
Fermentation Nutrient - YAN source that also stimulates the release of varietal aromas (tropical & citrus) in whites and rosés.
STIMULA SAUVIGNON BLANC™ is an organic nitrogen source that contributes YAN while stimulating the yeast’s ability to reveal and enhance varietal compounds in white wines.
- Added at the onset of active fermentation, the specific formulation helps yeast take up aroma precursors (varietal thiols, terpenes, and norisoprenoids) and convert them into odor-active compounds
- Enhances varietal characteristics resulting in increased tropical fruits, citrus, and boxwood/gooseberry aromas. Wines also have a fuller mouthfeel and fewer sulfur off-odors, like H2S
- When used to produce rosé wines, blackcurrant aromas can also be present
- Well-balanced nutrient rich in amino acids, vitamins (pantothenate, thiamin, and folic acid), minerals (zinc and manganese), and sterols
- Latest generation of yeast-based nutrients focusing on nutrition and aroma production
40g/hL (3.3 lb/1000 gal)
- Measurable YAN at 40 g/hL dose: 16 ppm
- YAN equivalents at 40 g/hL dose: 64-96 ppm
Mix STIMULA SAUVIGNON BLANC in 10 times its weight of clean water or juice and add to the fermentation at 2–3 °Brix drop. It is essential that the timing of addition is respected. STIMULA SAUVIGNON BLANC is not fully soluble. Stir to maintain suspension before and during addition.Storage:
Dated expiration. Store in a dry environment at 18°C (65°F). Once opened, use immediately.