It confers volume and structure, with the capacity to rapidly release polysaccharides when used for aging on lees.
- Especially suitable for the production of high quality varietal white wines (Verdejo, Sauvignon, Albariño…).
- White wines fermented in barrel and/or aged on lees.
- Prefermentative maceration and very clarified musts.
- Production of white wines under reductive conditions.
- Release of volatile thiols (β-lyase activity), key compounds in the aroma of rosé wines present in Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Monastrel, providing notes of cassis.