Non-Saccharomyces yeast Metschnikowia pulcherrima for the BIOProtection of white and rosé musts or grapes during long pre-fermentation phases at low temperatures.
Study results have validated the BIOProtection effect of this preparation:
- Colonisation of the medium at low temperature and maintenance of the population at very low temperature (0°C – 32°F).
- Protection of the must against oxidation due to its strong capacity to consume dissolved oxygen.
- Selected for its very low fermentation capacity, ZYMAFLORE® KHIOMP is particularly suitable for the BIOProtection of musts and grapes during long pre-fermentation phases at low temperature (ex : stabulation).
- Limitation of the predominance of potentially undesirable indigenous microorganisms.
- Compatible with the strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae selected for the alcoholic fermentation.